This is a Full-Time Hourly Supervisory Position. Starting wage is $18/hour.
Purpose of Position
The Duluth Trading Company Sales Manager ensures each member of the store team delivers the Duluth Brand experience daily. The Sales Manager is a key contributor in achieving KPIs through proper hiring, staff development, merchandise presentation, operational excellence, inventory controls, and loss prevention.
What You’ll Love:
- Daily pay available!
- 40% employee merchandise discount!
- Being a part of an innovation-driven organization that is growing fast, and taking care of business through catalog, web, and retail stores.
- Working on a team that makes retail workwear for customers who are smart, straight-talking folks who do everything from pounding nails to shoeing horses and pitching bales.
- POKING AVERAGE IN THE EYE!
What You'll Do:
- Develops an exceptional familiarity of the Duluth brand and comprehensive product knowledge to provide solution-oriented, friendly service to customers. Leads team to do the same.
- Personally demonstrates a high level of service and engagement and sets expectations for the team.
- Sales Manager manages floor coverage to engage the customer and drive Duluth experience.
- Ensures that customer profile information is accurately recorded.
- Responds proactively and provides positive resolutions to customer concerns. Is empowered to make decisions.
- Maintains merchandise presentation according to Visual Merchandising standards and current floor-set and product messaging. Ensures sales floor is customer ready.
- Effectively set up sales and promotions with proper signing and communication
- Executes and supervises the handling of merchandise receipts and transfers quickly and accurately, including checking in, hanging, steaming, and visual merchandising on the sales floor.
- Ensures Company standards for cleanliness for the sales floor, stockroom, restrooms, cash wrap, and hospitality area.
- Provides clear and consistent feedback to employees on a regular basis.
- Adheres to all Company guidelines, policies, and programs and sets a positive example.
- Understands, executes, and trains all cash handling and reporting functions
- Processes all register functions and ensures they are followed in the store.
- Ensures store is secured; responds to any alarms as directed.
- Ensures the safety of employees and customers. Communicate concerns to Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager.
What We're Looking For:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Business Administration and /or Merchandising preferred.
- Three years retail experience with a minimum of one year of management experience. Retail Management preferred.
- Able to adapt in a growing and changing environment.
- Able to motivate, lead and influence others.
- Confidence in problem-solving and decision-making.
- Exhibits a high level of integrity and trust.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Collaborates and functions as part of a team.
- Ability to work a flexible shift including nights and weekends.
- Full-time Sales Manager must have full availability.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to eight hours a day.
- Frequent reaching and bending and twisting – below the waist and above shoulders.
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand-to-finger motions and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently lifting up to twenty pounds, occasionally lifting up to 40 pounds. Push/pull up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, reach and bend.
- Work in temperatures ranging from 50 - 85 degrees – especially in our stock room areas.
- Able to use common tools such as hammer, screwdriver, and wrench for floor sets.
- Use of a computer up to 60 % of the time throughout the day.
Who We Are:
We are a “no bull” brand that started in 1989 and we provide apparel and other gear for hardworking men and women. Favorites such as our Ballroom® Jeans featuring “crouch without the ouch," Buck Naked™ Underwear, and our Longtail T® Shirts that hide “plumber’s butt” reflect our attitude.
The heart of Duluth Trading’s success is creating one-of-a-kind men’s and women’s clothing, innovative tools, and ingenious gadgets while being humorous storytellers. The talented people we seek want to be proud of where they work, have a commitment to do things better, and be part of a retail, web, and catalog apparel company that knows where it’s going.
The responsibilities outlined in this position description are a guideline for the general duties of the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job.