Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the Hospitality Manager and additional staff as needed, the Housekeeper is responsible for preparing Shake Rag Alley’s five guest rooms and providing excellent customer service to Shake Rag Alley guests. The position requires a flexible schedule especially from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays and weekends dependent upon the season.
- Prepares rooms for guests according to the lodging calendar at Roland’s Loft and The Tuckpoint at The Sardeson and at the Coach House.
- Safely performs tasks as outlined in housekeeping checklists and/or as directed. Typical tasks include but are not limited to:
- cleaning guest bedrooms and bathrooms, laundering bed and bath linens, and preparing rooms for guests according to the guest lodging calendar at Roland’s Loft and The Tuckpoint at The Sardeson and the Coach House;
- doing guest dishes, emptying wastebaskets and transporting trash and recycling to disposal areas;
- maintaining clean floors, rugs, and carpets using brooms, mops, vacuums and other applicable tools;
- dusting and polishing furniture, fixtures, and equipment as needed;
- cleaning upholstered furniture and draperies as needed.
- Alerts Hospitality Manager to inventory and repair needs.
- Responds in a timely fashion to emergency housekeeping requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Status: Part-time seasonal, hourly (up to 10 hours/week April-October)
Compensation: $10/hour, paid holidays, 15% workshop discount