Reporting to the Executive Director and Director of Education, and working collaboratively with Shake Rag Alley staff, Board members, teaching artists, and volunteers, the Hospitality Manager oversees our lodging operations to include reservations and housekeeping for our five guest spaces, the Coach House Commons Room, and campus restrooms; coordinates site rentals; and collaborates with staff, volunteers, and contractors as needed to ensure buildings and grounds are set up and ready for the participants of Shake Rag Alley’s arts and craft workshops and retreats, residencies, rentals, and events.
- Books and processes lodging reservations using ThinkReservations.
- Ensures overall guest satisfaction by safely performing the following tasks:
- cleaning guest bedrooms and bathrooms, laundering bed and bath linens, and preparing rooms for guests according to the guest lodging calendar at Roland’s Loft and The Tuckpoint at The Sardeson and the Coach House;
- doing guest dishes, emptying wastebaskets and transporting trash and recycling to disposal areas;
- maintaining clean floors, rugs, and carpets using brooms, mops, vacuums and other applicable tools;
- dusting and polishing furniture, fixtures, and equipment as needed;
- cleaning upholstered furniture and draperies as needed.
- Maintains inventory of products and supplies and provides resupply orders to Administrative Manager as needed.
- Communicates needs for major repairs to Buildings & Grounds Manager.
- Responds in a timely fashion to emergency housekeeping requests.
- Supports workshops by helping to set up and stock classrooms and restrooms, assists instructors with loading in and out and settling in, and answers questions about dining, lodging, transportation, and area recreation as needed.
- Manages rental experiences from initial inquiry to day of event.
- Contributes to lodging and rental marketing planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
Status: Full-time seasonal, hourly (40 hours/week April-October including weekends, 20 hours/week November-March)
Compensation: $14/hour, nine paid holidays per year, monthly cell phone allowance, 15% workshop discount