Only applications completed through WECAN will be accepted. To apply, please visit: https://wecan.waspa.org/Employer/Vacancy/PublicSupport/3300
Looking for extra income while your kids are at school? This job is for you! Your shift will end before children are released from school, and you will have holidays, weekends and breaks off with them too!
OUR FUTURE: PREPARE. LEARN. LEAD.
Come work at Mount Horeb Area School District! We are currently seeking to hire a highly dedicated Cook's Helper. We strive to hire individuals who are determined to see all students succeed, cognizant of their mindset, a champion of equity and results-oriented. Applicants must be committed to continuous improvement and skilled at fostering mutually respectful relationships with students, parents, colleagues and community members. We look for individuals whose creativity, curiosity, enthusiasm and professionalism are contagious.
What Your Day Will Look Like:
The majority of your day will be spent preparing and feeding students, staff, and visitors. You will be required to help keep the area clean and tidy to ensure high standards of nutrition, food production and services. As a cook's assistant it is important that you report to work when scheduled, in a timely manner and dressed accordingly. From time to time you may also assist in ordering food and supplies as needed, stocking shelves, and putting away ordering using the FIFO method. Some other duties you may perform are cashier, cleaning, sanitizing, and dishwasher.
(1) 26.25 hrs/wk & HS
(3) 28.75 hrs/wk @ HS
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Able to make routine decisions regarding daily schedule.
- Able to interact tactfully, effectively, and courteously with students, staff, and other persons encountered in the course of work.
- Able to serve menu items and clean up in a fast and efficient manner.
- Cooperates with principal, faculty, students and food service staff to make the food service program an integral part of the total school.
- Has an interest in merchandising food and increased participation in school food service.
- With assistance, must be able to repeatedly lift cases of food and other items weighing up to forty (40) pounds.
- Must be able to stand for several hours on hard surfaces/flooring.
- Must be able to work in a very warm environment and for short periods of time in refrigerated units.
- Participate in team processes for continuous improvement.
- Able to read, comprehend, and follow written directions.
- Exhibits willingness and flexibility to work in any applicable situation.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Exhibits punctuality.
- Knowledge of large and small kitchen equipment and tools including but not limited to mixer, pressure steamer, steam kettle, sharp cutting tools, oven, dishwasher, Combi oven, and food/utility cart.
What We Offer:
To compensate you for the wonderful work you will be performing and support you will be providing, you will receive $13.16 per hour beginning on your first day, including during the training period. Additionally, you are eligible to receive benefits including Wisconsin Retirement System, life insurance, disability insurance, paid time off, and paid holidays.
The safety and well being of our staff, students and families are important, and we have implemented standard operating procedures throughout the district including guidelines around cleaning, hygiene, illness and protective measures
Why People Stay:
Great relationships built on collaboration and communication shared by all staff members, students, and parents which makes for a successful team and all around cooperation/satisfaction. MHASD has a friendly and inviting atmosphere which allows for educational freedom and continuous professional development with room to grow within the school district.
Who We Are:
We're pleased to be nationally recognized for excellence in education. Mount Horeb Area School District is dedicated to high levels of achievement and skills through academically enhanced curriculum and priorities for the arts for our 2525+ students and families served. Our District’s mission, in partnership with the community, is dedicated to nurturing, educating and challenging our students; preparing and empowering them to be productive, responsible and self-fulfilled members of society. If you're passionate and dedicated, Mount Horeb Area School District is an ideal place to make a difference every day and empower our students. Apply today!