Tiffany has been the brains behind the operation here at the Chamber for the past two years and has been an integral part of shaping the Chamber into the organization it is today. She is constantly looking for ways to serve our Chamber members and contribute to this community. If you ever run into her on the street, ask her what her favorite concert she has been to is . . . she's been to quite a few. ;)
Keep reading to learn a little bit more about Tiffany.
To start, where are you from and where do you live now?
- I’m from Freeport, IL and lived in Waukesha WI, Eau Claire WI, and Dekalb, IL before coming back to Freeport 13 years ago. I currently live in my office serving chamber members every day.
How did you get your start in your field of work?
- I worked at Menards for 11 years, including at their Corporate Offices, and wanted a change of pace. When I was job hunting I landed at the Freeport Chamber and fell in love with the industry and helping businesses and communities thrive.
What is a typical day like for you at work?
- I’m usually at the office by 7:00 a.m. and use that quiet time to check and answer emails and set the agenda for the day. I do various things from meetings, going out to visit members and work on our strategic objectives for the chamber.
What do you like to do for fun when you’re not working?
- I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I go to movies and festivals with my husband and children. I spend time with my parents and I love going to concerts or listening to live music.
If you could be any animal what would you be and why?
- A sloth. They get to hang in a tree and only come down once a week.
If you could travel anywhere tomorrow, where would you go?
- England! My father was born there and I have dual citizenship but I’ve never actually gotten to visit.
- Anything my husband cooks ;)
- Getting to do something different every day! I get to meet so many people and do a variety of different things. I also love connecting people.
- Grey’s Anatomy. I’ve watched it since the very first episode.
If you could bring 3 items to a deserted island, which ones would you choose?
- A good book, sunscreen, and a fishing pole
When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- A solid gold dancer, and then a broadcast journalist
- My perfect day would be waking up and reading a book, having a great breakfast with my family, and spending the rest of the day relaxing.
- Cook dinner for my family and spend time talking to my husband and kids.