To kick off our mini-series, Meet The Chamber Team, we are chatting with Mount Horeb Area Chamber of Commerce's Brand Manager--Annika Frame. Annika is going into her fourth year with MHACC and stays quite busy. She oversees all the marketing that comes out of the building including tourism and event marketing and marketing for Chamber members.
Keep reading to learn a little bit more about Annika.
- I grew up right here in Mount Horeb. After living in Madison for a few years, I'm now back in Mount Horeb.
What is a typical day like for you at work?
- I don’t think there is a “typical day” in this industry. In my opinion, that's part of what makes this position so interesting. Some of my common tasks have to do with planning and executing events and marketing campaigns, and interacting/assisting with visitors.
What do you like to do for fun when you’re not working?
- When I’m not working, I love to spend time at the lake with family and friends and travel to new destinations. Oh, and spoil my godson!
If you could travel anywhere tomorrow, where would you go?
- If I could go anywhere tomorrow, I would be heading to Curacao—the cutest little Dutch island off the coast of Venezuela. It is truly my favorite place I have ever visited with the most beautiful beaches, a charming downtown district that feels like you are exploring the streets in Europe, and kind people.
What is the best meal that you have ever eaten?
- Anything my Grandma cooks. Especially her barbeque.
What is your favorite aspect of your job?
- I love being able to make an impact in the community I was raised in. I’ve worked other jobs where I’m just a small piece of a huge organization and I never felt like I was making a difference. This community has given so much to me, it’s nice to be able to give it something.
What is your favorite TV show of all time?
- I am a medical drama junkie. I have seen every episode of Grey’s Anatomy more than once (don't talk to me about Derek Shepherd's death). Recently I haven’t been able to stop watching 9-1-1 too.